“Full of sound biblical teaching and wisdom, along with practical tips and counseling expertise. I highly recommend this as a guide as you seek to nurture your kids and lead them to Jesus.”—Josh D. McDowell, author and speaker
“A phenomenal, gospel-driven resource that I hope ends up in the hands of every family that has adopted or is thinking about adoption.”—Matt Carter, Pastor of Preaching, The Austin Stone Community Church, Austin, Texas
“As we face the joys and challenges of adoption, Hope for Orphans comes alongside us with gospel based resources to provide encouragement.”—Jennie Allen, Founder, IF:Gathering; author, Restless
“Honest. Authentic. Gritty. Biblical.”—John Fuller, Co-Host, Focus on the Family
See all ROOTED endorsements here.
ROOTED is an online training course featuring 14 videos and a printed study guide that provide gospel-centered support for adoptive and foster families—designed specifically for families, orphan ministries, counselors, and adoption agencies.
Christian families, inspired by the gospel of Jesus Christ, are often at the forefront of adoption and foster care. But for many of these parents there can also be unique, complex challenges.
ROOTED is a timely resource that will help you connect God’s love to your parenting, equipping you with a Biblical framework and practical skills for parenting children who have trauma, hurt, and rejection in their past and other post-placement challenges.
This online course includes teaching from Dr. Paul David Tripp, Dr. Voddie Baucham, Christian Psychologist Dr. Jon Bergeron, Mayo Clinic’s Dr. Larry Bergstrom, Play therapy expert Dr. Mary Bennett, Austin Stone’s Dr. Kevin Peck, Hope for Orphan’s Co-founder Robin Pennington, President of the Association of Biblical Counselors Jeremy Lelek, Austin Stone’s Halim Suh, and HFO’s Board Member Jill Minnix.
Learn More or Purchase ROOTED
- Introduction | Jon Bergeron, PhD, Voddie Baucham, Paul David Tripp, Kevin Peck
- Seeing Our Children | Jon Bergeron, PhD, Paul David Tripp, Voddie Baucham
- Relating to Our Children | Jon Bergeron, PhD, Paul David Tripp, Voddie Baucham
- Helping Our Children | Jon Bergeron, PhD, Paul David Tripp, Voddie Baucham
- Pursuing Holistic Health | Larry Bergstrom M.D.
- Do You Love Me? | Larry Bergstrom M.D.
- Building Bridges to Your Child’s Heart | Mary Bennett, PhD
- Becoming Your Child’s Biblical Counselor | Jeremy Lelek, PhD
- The Safe Church | Robin Pennington
- The Reality of Spiritual Warfare | Halim Suh
- The Role of Father as Leader | Kevin Peck
- The Role of Mother | Jill Minnix
- Paul Tripp Adoption Story (Bonus Feature)
- Voddie Baucham Adoption Story (Bonus Feature)